Have you been out of your home country? What does Adventure look like to you?


Joshua Tree National Park, 2021



Joshua Tree National Park, 2021



As you experience life and have fun, I hope you will throw in an adventure or two. I don't know what 'adventure' looks like to you, but for me it has been long road trips alone. I have done many, but most recently, three different trips across many many states. 

Driving clears my mind and usually I have the radio, CD player or Podcasts off. I enjoy the quiet. I have driven over 15,000 (24,000 KM) miles alone. I never felt alone, I am never alone, I have God with me. 

He is a personal friend, alive and shares wisdom for each situation. I know that may seem foreign to you, but if you go out to 'a bar' with friends, that is foreign to me. I do understand the enjoyment of being with friends, I would just do it differently. 

So,  what adventure do you like? Do you like fun adventures like "Escape Rooms", or "Whitewater Rafting", or "Hiking in the wilderness", or "Singing at an Open Mic" or what about "Entertaining." 

Life is an adventure and I know some keep to themselves and read about adventures, but I love to feel the cold water on my face and the speed of a raft going down the Class IV rapids. 

I love to be in the water, and most any water sport makes me happy, especially if you add the element of  'speed.'

I don't know if you have a need for excitement, I am sure many do not, I just ask you to find something to get your heart pumping and excited in life. It's good for us to be full of life and energy. 

What about horseback riding, dancing or exercise? Do you like those?

Get out there or in your backyard or living room and do it, or save up to do it, or volunteer for someone who can get you a spot on their boat, or in their race car. 

A couple years ago I put a request on Social Media for my friends to see, that I hoped to ride in a Race Car for my Birthday and a friend from High School said "well meet us at 'Willow Springs, CA and I can set you up with a ride." 

I went out to the desert and waited for hours, I then stood around in the 40 mph (64 kph) wind -THAT was wild!  I watched people drive the track and also had a great lunch. Then after some more time I was able to suit up and get a ride. I loved it! This is a small adventure for me. 

I am of the belief that some sort of excitement is good for the heart and mind. It brings us out of our comfort zone and challenges us to do a task. Do you feel like just getting through the day, and don't have much vim and vinegar? I have been there. I hope you can find something, ANYTHING to look forward too. A new flavor of Ice Cream?

What about games? Do you like football, or soccer or board games? I know some take these things to a real competitive edge, I like to play games but I also just play for fun, that CAN be exciting and challenging. 

Think about it, what could you plan to do in the next 45 days? Who could you play a game with or go for a drive with or even going alone? What about renting a car and driving out to the country and staying overnight in an AirBnB. 

I have stayed many times in a spare room at wonderful Airbnb's in Arizona nd in North Carolina. I prefer the 'family' feel of a home to a hotel. I have stayed in hotels too, and see the benefit of a pool, exercise room or a breakfast provided. I guess it depends on the adventure of the day. 

Traveling abroad? Have you ever gone overseas or across the boarder? Maybe you live on an island, and know every spot to explore on your island. Did you ever think of sharing your insights on a blog or social media? Many people, just like you like to explore the 'hidden gems' of your local island or location. 

How about that Desert! The chance to see the desert in its natural state, and not on a movie screen is fabulous. Who can explain the hot wind you feel, as you camp at Joshua Tree or the Fog Bow you may get to experience?

It is a wonderful thing to travel. Where would you go if you could go tomorrow?

Italy?
France?
Iceland?
New Zealand?
China?
India?
USA?

What dreams do you have yet to explore, let me know about your travel dreams in the comments below. 





 

Comments